Gilbert Public School District utilizes The Dynamic Physical Education Program at the elementary level. This curriculum is child centered and focuses on providing every youngster with a piece of equipment so that they may progress at a rate that is individualized. Students learn the joy and satisfaction of being physically active and part of the group regardless of their personal strengths or limitations.
What I Learn in PE Class - National Standards
1. demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns = I have the skills to move and play.
2. applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance = I show that I know how to mov and use a plan when I play games.
3. demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness = I show that I know hot to get fit and stay fit.
4. exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others = I act fairly and respectfully when I play.
5. recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self expression and/or social interaction = I know why it is important to be physically active.
I grew up in Denver, Colorado and Santa Maria, California. I received a bachelor's degree from California State University - Long Beach and a Masters of Physical Education degree from Arizona State University.
I enjoy being active and strive to model this for my students. My goal is to help them acquire the knowledge, skills and love of movement to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.